Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Ocean Between Us


As some of you may, or may not, have heard, I'm giving up fast food for lent. Yeah. Berto's not eating fast food for like six weeks. It's gonna be a challenge, but I'm up for it. One reason I'm mentioning it here is to set the parameters for my challenge. So here they are.

1. Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Panda Express, Arby's, Taco Bell, KFC, Taco Time, Subway, Carl's Jr., Sonic or any other chain restaurant is/are out.

2. Counts as fast food if a) I pay for my food before I eat it and b) I get my food right there from the counter. This will make it so I can still eat from restaurants like Tony's Tacos, Los Hermanos, and Fuddruckers (which I think is fair).

3. For the sake of my survival, I'm leaving pizza places in. Besides, they're not fast. The only except to this rule is Little Caesars cause they have pizzas ready at all times, so it is out.

4. I can still buy and consume items from a fast food restaurant that I can get somewhere else like soda, chips, etc.

5. Cafe Rio and other such restaurants are also out.

6. Does not apply to drink places such as Starbucks and Jamba Juice.

7. Buffets are in.

Okay. I think that may be it for now. Wish me luck. I'll keep everyone updated through this blog.

On that thought, I think everyone should try something to give up for lent. It's not a religious thing for me, seeing as I'm hardly Catholic, so you guys should give it a try. Test your limits! It'll be fun :)

Love,
Berto

P.S. "Why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?"

4 comments:

Enano said...

I wonder what rules Jesus made for himself...hmmm

Jennifer said...

hmm maybe I will. I felt kind of hesitant, but now that I've been given permission by a sort-of-catholic... ;) .... I'll think of something. I like doing this kind of stuff anyway.

ps--verification word: coominks. hahaha

Roberto Lerma said...

Enano - Well I was planning on these being what I was gonna do, so I didn't want anyone to be like "Oh! You broke the rules!" cause I hate that. And besides, I get to choose what I give up. Jesus didn't but we do...

Jeb - To encourage you, Britta is also giving up fast food with me. And like I said, I don't do it for any religious reasons at all, so just do it!

Love,
Berto

Jennifer said...

donuts. no more donuts for me. lol. this is hard, because like three times a week i eat a cake donut with pink frosting and a massive amount of rainbow sprinkles. ....I miss them already.

verification word: roseses. it means a lot of roses