As some of you may, or may not, have heard, I'm giving up fast food for lent. Yeah. Berto's not eating fast food for like six weeks. It's gonna be a challenge, but I'm up for it. One reason I'm mentioning it here is to set the parameters for my challenge. So here they are.
1. Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Panda Express, Arby's, Taco Bell, KFC, Taco Time, Subway, Carl's Jr., Sonic or any other chain restaurant is/are out.
2. Counts as fast food if a) I pay for my food before I eat it and b) I get my food right there from the counter. This will make it so I can still eat from restaurants like Tony's Tacos, Los Hermanos, and Fuddruckers (which I think is fair).
3. For the sake of my survival, I'm leaving pizza places in. Besides, they're not fast. The only except to this rule is Little Caesars cause they have pizzas ready at all times, so it is out.
4. I can still buy and consume items from a fast food restaurant that I can get somewhere else like soda, chips, etc.
5. Cafe Rio and other such restaurants are also out.
6. Does not apply to drink places such as Starbucks and Jamba Juice.
7. Buffets are in.
Okay. I think that may be it for now. Wish me luck. I'll keep everyone updated through this blog.
On that thought, I think everyone should try something to give up for lent. It's not a religious thing for me, seeing as I'm hardly Catholic, so you guys should give it a try. Test your limits! It'll be fun :)
P.S. "Why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?"
1. Every time I put on a shoe, I make up an excuse in my mind for why I put on that shoe instead of the other one (like "this shoe was closer!").
2. I hate my nose being stuffy.
3. I'm kind of leaning toward getting a tattoo cause I think it'd be awesome.
4. I expect too much.
5. Sometimes I would rather play guitar in a band.
6. I'm what one would call tech-savvy, but I usually have horrible luck with technology.
7. My family very very very very very rarely eats together at the table.
8. My parents don't know me at all.
9. I always feel better at drums when I'm playing on someone else's set.
10. I don't shower every day.
11. One reason for growing out my hair was that it was something to hide behind. Yes, I was an emo kid.
12. I used to hate screaming music. I came to like it when I started playing guitar and seeing the amazing technical side of metal.
13. I constantly daydream of meeting famous people and hanging out with them.
14. I talk to myself (not like conversations though).
15. I hate close-minded people more than anything.
16. I've only kissed 3 girls all of whom I've actually liked and had a relationship with.
17. 17 is my favorite number. When they would lend you books in elementary and assign you numbers, I always got 17. Since then, it's become more and more significant in my life.
18. I refuse to get a Facebook. And does anyone else think that's the dumbest name for a website? I just call it Facespace. Or Mybook. (I do have a myspace though..)
19. I dislike religion a lot.
20. I've gotten a game system for Christmas/Birthday 6 times.
21. I've attended around 30 (touring band) concerts. If you add the local shows to that, it's probably around 40 or more.
22. I had a crush on pretty much every girl in the group at some point. And basically any other girl I might have been good friends with. ha.
23. I kind of wish I would've kept skating.
24. I have not the slightest idea what I'm gonna do after I graduate. But I love that idea.
25. I think I've done a pretty good job of bettering my attitude about life. I also think that because of it I constantly give people the impression that I feel like I'm better than them. I really don't.
Well, there you have it, 25 things about me off the top of my head.
I'm nearing 100 blogs...woo! haha. Jebby was there like 2 years ago.
Oh, and I'm having a really hard time finding a Valentine, or just something to do on Singles Awareness Day. Least favorite holiday, by far. I mean, it has been in the past just cause of the loneliness it causes, but when I try to do something about it, it's almost as bad. Bah.
P.S. I showed this to Jebby and other people a couple of years ago (literally). It's great.
I should be doing homework for Humanities right now, but alas, I cannot concentrate.
I finally went snowboarding today. It was very...fulfilling. Now I won't feel like this winter was a waste, haha. I went to Park City Mountain Resort, though, and I must say, I don't enjoy it as much as The Canyons. It probably has something to do with the fact that I've been going to The Canyons for the past 6 years, but you know, what can you do? My cousin works at Sports Authority and he gets free passes. So yeah, I wasn't about to pass that up.
Snowboarding alone isn't too fun, though.
I basically spent all weekend at Chrystal Arce's house, and I must say, it was an interesting time. I mean, I've been there a lot recently, but it seems that people getting high never loses its entertainment value. And pipes are very cool. They're very artistic.
Well, I should really be doing things now. I love you kids!
P.S. And since I spend mass amounts of time on youtube, I decided I'll include a video that interests me in some way in ever blog now! Maybe it'll encourage more readers. haha.
The thing that makes me laugh most about this comic is the "Loud" label on the girlfriend. haha.
I've been really full of thought lately. Not really of anything specific, just many many things at once.
Although I'm pretty comfortable with who I am, I'm still trying to figure out some other things about me. It's hard, mostly because you have to find a balance (according to me, anyway).
Today I spent the day entirely by myself. I went to school and came home to sit on the computer for endless hours. That's because I wanted to, of course. It's amazing what kind of things you can learn if you just search. That is one of my favorite things, learning copious amounts of meaningless information. haha.
People have done some amazing things. It's hard for me to imagine where they even start to get ideas of that magnitude. I know I'm being vague, but that's because I want you to find something for yourself. Find something worthwhile.
I also managed to write my own obituary (for Social Psychology) and do some research on Dolly the sheep for Biology. That along with my computer time and paying my phone bill is all I did today. haha.
I still feel pretty lonely, but happy. I did spend the day alone because I wanted to, but it wasn't a challenge at all, haha. There are several people that intrigue me and I would like to get to know them better, but it's still weird moving to the "meeting people" stage after having been in the comfort of a group for so long. Especially considering I'm somewhat of a shy person by nature.
Also, the title of this blog is great. It never made sense until just now.