Sunday, August 19, 2007

End


I can't wait for it to be winter


So...summer comes to end. It was an interesting one to say the least. Tomorrow, I go to the first day of the rest of my life, as Britta put it. I'm actually kind of excited, even if it is school, and my senior year. In a way, it kind of sucks that I skipped a grade. haha. I wish I wasn't graduating, cause if at this time last year, I was as determined as I am, things would've turned out a lot better than they did grade-wise. Now I have a bunch of credits to make up if I want to graduate, plus get good grades in all my current classes. It's gonna be tough, but I'm sure I can do it. I will need everyone's help though to get through it, so everyone that is reading this, keep getting on my case about my grades please. pleasey please. (I use a lot of commas...)

We didn't do a lot of things we said we were going to do this summer, including the things I wasn't included in. How about all the stuff we say we're gonna do this school year and stuff, we actually take action and do? Okay, that sounds like a good idea. Everyone's gonna be busy with school, I know that, but it's not like it takes up every minute of everyday like everyone makes it seem like, if you really want time to do things, you have to find it.

One of the things everyone has to do is ski or snowboard! A lot of you are seniors and this is the last year to take advantage of cheap season passes. If you don't, you'll end up paying 500 dollars for a pass next year wishing you'd done it this year. We have to really take advantage of living here too, there really is a ton of stuff to do around these parts, but we never do any of it. I think everyone needs to live a little more.

Well, that's my ramble for now, most of you know this song, it's Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins:

Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave
without leaving a piece of youth

And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel

Believe, believe in me, believe
Believe that life can change
That you're not stuck in vain
We're not the same, we're different tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight

And you know you're never sure
But you're sure you could be right
If you held yourself up to the light
And the embers never fade in your city by the lake
The place where you were born

Believe, believe in me, believe
Believe in the resolute urgency of now
And if you believe there's not a chance tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight

We'll crucify the insincere tonight
We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight
We'll find a way to offer up the night tonight
The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight
Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

The first verse is obviously talking about growing up, so it's rather appropriate. Then there's the part about the "city by the lake/the place where you were born", It's obviously talking about SLC cause a lot of you were born around the area. Then it reminds me a lot of finally going into senior year...*sigh*

Love,
Berto

4 comments:

Michaelface said...

WEEEEE HOOOOO i am going to try snowboarding. for sure. and you do use a lot of commas. i seem to use a lot of periods. we WILL do the things we say we are going to do this year and we WILL get amazingly good grades or I will be mad at the both of us. yay for pumpkins... one more month..

Anonymous said...

tonight tonight... my most favoritest song. hahahaha. i dont even know why, but it is. i love you berto and i love that skiing stuff... but unfortuneatly im afraid that skiing with nathaniel... being a cute little freshy... was probably my last time for a while. i know that you're thinking 'omg randi... swimming... its not your life' but it actually is. for how good i am on the team... i cant aford to be skiing and cant afford to get hurt. i love you and i would love skiing with you. :D but i dunno if its ever going to happen. wow this has to be the longest comment i have ever written. ever. so it goes to you. i love you berto.

randalynn

Hannah said...

yay for being seniors. as much as i dreaded being a senior before, and as much as i hated the thought of graduating and leaving... everything, as much as i hated the thought of moving on...... i am very calm about all of this. and extremely excited. because wow, its finally our chance to grow up. the song that reminds me of this year, our senior year, is definitely "graduation" by vitamin c.
"when we leave this year, we won't be coming back. no more hanging out, cuz we're on a different track. if you've got something you need to say, you better say it now, cuz you won't ever know the day...... as we go on we remember all the times we had together. and as our lives change, come whatever, we will still be friends forever."

Jennifer said...

go do your homework! lol. snowboarding sounds like it would be fun.