Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Deleted!

*(this blog has been redone like 5 times, hence the date on it, today is V-day[lame])*

I really haven't gotten many complaints about not blogging, which makes me wonder if you guys even miss me blogging. gosh. just kidding.

So tomorrow is Single Awareness day and I'm not particularly excited for it. It always just reminds me of my loneliness which isn't a fun thing. i was thinking about maybe sending some (1) cupid gram(s) to some (1) people (person), but i ended up not doing it mainly because it was kind of hard with people (her) sitting right there and because i just thought it best not to. (i wrote that yesterday so now i say it doesn't matter cause it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyways)

The Jack's Mannequin concert was last Thursday and Britta, Michael and I went since everyone else was lame and didn't go. That's okay though because they're the ones that missed an AMAZING concert, here's how it went: That day after school i went home with Mike and we waited around until 4 ish so we could walk down to Britta's to wait for her dad go get home and give us a ride. He finally got there and we were on our way to SLC for the concert. we got there at a pretty good time. the line was barely around the corner (for those of you that have been to In The Venue) and not into the street like Hellogoodbye was for you guys. They let Britta in just like that and searched Mike and me and we were in. As soon as we were in i went and bought Hannah a shirt (because she asked me to) and went and stood by the stage. Everything was all set up and we just waited about 10 minutes before what i thought was the sound check people came out. well it turned out to be the first opening band and they started playing right away, which made me pretty happy. everyone pretty much just stood around for the first couple of songs and started getting into it after a while. i remember the bassist/singer had a sweet blue bass with flowers on it and one of the guitarist had like a semi-hollow body telecaster. i didn't find out their name until later, which is Get Back Loretta, and i ended up liking them quite a bit. Next came The Audition (i didn't know any bands going except JM) and they were also quite good, as with Head Automatica...they were okay, but GBL ended up being my favorite of the 3. That's all i'll say for the concert because you probably will have heard everything from Britta by now..anyways moving on.

hmmm...random thought time: who the heck came up with the idea for those kiss cupid grams? if you liked someone why would you want them to be kissed by someone else?

I got a digital camera which I'm pretty excited about cause now I'll be able to take cool pictures and the such. I'm particularly excited about taking it with me when i go snowboarding, some of the views up there are absolutely amazing and i can't wait to show people that don't get the chance to go up there.

random thought 2: I think it's kind of a waste for people, especially students, living in northern Utah to not go snowboarding/skiing at least once. i mean come on people, we have the greatest snow on earth, why not take advantage of it? a lot of these people that didn't do it during their youth might end up doing it later and paying tons more for the same experience you could've payed hundreds less for. makes sense, doesn't it?

The Dragonforce/Killswitch Engage/Chimaira show is coming up and i'm dang excited for it. This one wont be a giant spoonfest though, i'll probably end up breaking something. Sound stupid? yeah it is, but it's amazingly fun to go to a show like that lol.

i think that may be it for now.

Love,
Berto

P.S. I get my license in two weeks!!! yay!

3 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

YAY! Besto finally blogs! Jack's Mannequin was amazing. And I apologize for all of those kicks to the shin. :)

Jennifer said...

i definitely (spelling it right now!) missed a good show. and i would like to see these pictures once you take them.

Anonymous said...

ah, i am also a little bit jealous of missing the concert. but you did bring me a good t-shirt, which i still need to pay you back for. lol. yay for a blog-Hannah
(i would sign in, but it would take me away from thie page, so, i figured i'd just blog as anonymous.)